Friday, June 19, 2015

48HBC:: A Second Book Down

It's now 10:15pm, which means I've done 2 hours and 15 minutes so far today. A total of 13 hours and 15 minutes. I'm a bit frustrated that in all that time I've only read two books, but my focus is starting to get better now, so maybe my reading speed will catch up.

I have now finished Deathless, by Catherynne M. Valente, which was absolutely wonderful. Perhaps the thing I loved most about it was how she was able to write rich, complex prose that still managed to adhere to fairytale writing like repetition and archetypes. I'm not quite sure if it's a 4-star or a 5-star for me, so I'm guessing it's better to go with ★★★★☆. If it had been a five-star book, I feel like I'd be more assured about it.

Next, I'm going to be reading The Eyre Affair, by Jasper Fforde:


This is another book I've been wanting to read for some time, so I'm pretty excited to read it. I've heard such wonderful things about it. Again, though, I know very little about it. I try to not know that much about a book before I read it. It just makes the reading experience so much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment