Friday, June 19, 2015

48HBC:: 9 Hours In

I need to eat soon, but I figure I can just throw some Trader Joe's GF waffles in the toaster and cut a grapefruit and call that food. Reading more sounds so much better than making real food... which if you know more than my taste in books, says a lot right now. (Cooking: my other beloved hobby.)

Focus is still really tough. I'm about 80 pages into Deathless right now, which is nothing close to my normal reading speed. I keep finding that I'll read a few paragraphs and then realize I have no idea what was said and have to go back until I find something familiar. I'm even just having trouble thinking. Super brain fog.

However, I am really enjoying Deathless in spite of my difficulties. The prose is gorgeous and I always appreciate books that involve folklore, but shift away from the stock standard Western European folklore. There are plenty of books that adopt it, especially British folklore. So dealing with something else is a breath of fresh air.

Not that I don't enjoy British folklore sometimes.

Anyway, I should get back to reading. I'll probably check in at the 11 hour mark, so at 1pm-ish.

No comments:

Post a Comment