Sunday, June 21, 2015

48HBC:: And we're done!

I wasn't able to post this last night because... a puppy showed up! Might give more details on that, but it meant I could read... but blogging was a bit more difficult.

I ended up getting 6 more hours done since I last posted, which means my final tally was... 36 hours!

I didn't manage to finish Magic Kingdom for Sale/Sold but I can tell you that it in fact is a lot better than his other books. I almost finished, and will probably finish it soon. But the review will likely not be coming until I go through all the posts in the queue anyway.

Books I ended up reading include:

Ender's Shadow, by Orson Scott Card
Deathless, by Catherynne M. Valente
The Eyre Affair, by Jasper Fforde
The Stainless Steel Rat Wants You, by Harry Harrison

and most of Magic Kingdom for Sale/Sold, but not quite.

I'm still a little bummed that's all I got read, but again... this readathon has really taught me a lot of things. Like, when I'm super ill or in a lot of pain, I can read. Even if I can't read as quickly. So I'm actually kind of glad about the timing.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, a puppy! That really makes it a challenge! Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, indeed, it's quite an accomplishment to read through pain and the excitement of a new puppy. congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a winner of the 48HBC! Email me your address at MotherReader AT gmail DOT com so I can send your prize. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete