Thursday, October 29, 2015

Review:: The Carnivorous Carnival, by Lemony Snicket


Title: The Carnivorous Carnival
Author: Lemony Snicket
Series: A Series of Unfortunate Events, #9
Format: Kindle
Rating: ★★☆☆☆

Previously:

Once again, the Baudelaire orphans have to deal with an awful situation involving Count Olaf. Once again, the moment something seems to be getting better, it gets worse. Even though we're not dealing with incompetent guardians anymore, this is still really formulaic.

There's a bunch of frustrating and weird stuff involving circus freaks and I'm not entirely sure how I feel about it. The Baudelaires pretend to be circus freaks as part of their disguise. They learn some ... stuff? Kind of? Not really? Towards the main plot.

And I guess that's what's most frustrating for me. Why are there 13 books? With so little information given in each one and nothing new happening, more than half the books could just be cut out and we'd be fine. And probably less aggravated.

There's so little going on that I have so little to say. At least I'm almost done.

No comments:

Post a Comment