Saturday, May 2, 2015

News and Stuff:: The Legendary Book Club of Habitica!


Some of you may be aware that I'm a moderator on a gamified productivity site called HabitRPG. If you haven't heard of it, you should really check it out. But that's not what I'm here to talk about. I'm talking about the book club I've been running there! Next up is Embassytown and if you want more info (like how to join in on the action), it'll be after the jump.


The last book we read was Blackout, which I wasn't that pleased with. But I'm like 1000% sure I'll be happier with Embassytown because China MiĆ©ville. 'Nuff said.

So what I do is create a challenge, which on HabitRPG is basically a shared set of tasks to complete. I toss in some discussion questions to chat about in the guild (called The Legendary Book Club of Habitica) and everyone who completes the book and talks about it gets one gem... and one lucky winner gets 10!

If you want to join in on the fun, check out The Legendary Bookclub of Habitica guild on HabitRPG. I haven't posted the challenge yet, but will tomorrow.

ETA: Folks will have about 2 months to read Embassytown... The tasks will be due July 1st. If there are any questions, feel free to ask me here or on Habit.

No comments:

Post a Comment